- Notes3 is a scientific note-taking program based on Pandoc.
- WriteType helps elementary school students experience success in writing
- Find the versatility of a network. Code in Python and Matlab/Octave. For more information see the original paper.
- ForceAtlas2-python is a port of Gephi’s ForceAtlas2 graph layout algorithm to Python (and NetworkX). Install with “pip install ForceAtlas2”.
- There are also several abandoned projects.
I occasionally update my quasi-scientific blog.
I am interested in using mathematical, statistical, and computational tools to understand the brain.
Other things that belong online
- Sometimes I compose music.
- Various executive function tasks and experiments from the Zelazo Lab
- The figures from my
are available under the Creative Commons BY-SA License.
- Note that, if you are considering purchasing this book, I would highly advise against it. I wrote it for MuseScore 1.3, whereas MuseScore 2.0 has been released, making it more or less obsolete. Marc Sabatella wrote a brilliant book on MuseScore 2.0.
- A new Wikipedia article per day, curated from a weekly category of broad general interest. RSS feed Atom
- Here is a recent picture of me courtesy of (and copyright) Pat O’Leary.
- Anyone who does scientific programming should read this paper on best practices.
- The Free Software Foundation protects the digital freedom of software users and developers.
- The Ada Initiative is a project to support women in computing.
- MuseScore is a free software music composition program. I also used to build the GNU/Linux nightlies.
- DuckDuckGo is a nice search engine that respects your privacy.
- Here are some good (and not so good) books.
What’s with the domain name?
The best way to contact me is via carrier pigeon. Email works too, though.
Alternatively, you can send me an anonymous message.